Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Motivation

It's been a fast summer. Seems like it has flown by so quickly.

Here, we have roughly eight weeks for summer break. We are on a modified schedule that is loosely considered a 9-2 schedule. We have nine week grading periods and between them is a break. Fall and Winter breaks are two weeks while spring break is a week and a half or so. It really works good for us. Plus the elementary schools have day care that runs year round if parents need it.

While I was waiting to pick up my marching band girls from the high school I realized that school starts August 2nd. The shock is that it's only about 12 days from now. There is back to school shopping to do, last minute preparations, schedule shifting, just SO MUCH! Then we have two birthdays that first week of school.

The excitement never ends huh?

This all comes down to the title of this post... motivation.
Seems I have little. An example? I ended up dusting the garden with bug killer because I had put off the weeding and the weed control for weeks. Now the plants are not happy and it's time for evasive action. Things kept getting put off due to the "I'll do it tomorrow" bug. Well, tomorrow is here.

My motivation... we have to have a good transition into this school year. Why? It's what is best for the kids, and especially with B3 going into kindergarten at a new school.

At the high school they are implementing a new dress code that I fully stand behind. (have you seen how some teens dress?)  G1 isn't too crazy about it, but she will adjust. The new principal is looking for a conservative look that reflects school spirit. The conservative look is needed. (button up shirts and proper fitting pants)

At the middle school we are getting a new assistant principal, so there may or may not be changes. G2 and G3 are going to be in 7th and 8th grade, which means academics is going to get tougher. They have to be prepared.

B3 will be going to the same school as B1 & B2 now and it appears I will be driving all three to school and picking them up. (B3 has sensory integration disorder and a loud crowded bus would set him off) I am a little worried for B3 with the changes and getting an action plan in place for him and everything. Then the whole I don't know the teachers the boys have. Is communication going to be a problem this year, etc.

This all has to be addressed plus we have to get on our waking up early schedule. The girls have to get up at 5:30am. The bus picks them up about 6:45am. Then I have to leave the house with the boys about 7:15am to get them to school about 7:30am. This is important cause once my semester starts I have to be at school by 8:50am and it's about an hour away. There is also the whole getting daily chores done and keeping the sane too.

I look forward to it, but I wonder... Does anybody have some good tips? Perhaps motivational thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment