Friday, July 23, 2010

2 day delivery = 3 days?

So, I forget who I was talking to but I must have bragged too much because it came back to bite me.

A friend was asking about cell phones and I had shared how I had the BlackBerry 8530 Curve 2 from Verizon. I went on to tell this friend that I never had a problem with the phone or with service from Verizon and was really happy with them.

Tuesday morning my battery charge went completely within 2 hours. All I was doing was playing on Twitter, wasn't making phone calls. I recharged it thinking maybe I forgot to charge it the night before. This time I called Jeff and was talking to him, the phone got hot. Not too hot to touch, but hotter than it should get. After we got off the phone I was texting a friend and in the middle of it, everything went black. I took the battery out and took the phone with me because I had to meet another friend to sell her some smart cards. About 20 minutes passed, I put the battery back in and it slowly came back on. But it was instantly HOT.

After I picked up the girls from Band Camp, drove into the our local Verizon store. The Customer Service guy, Joshua was really nice about everything. He said that some phones do that, not necessarily one brand or type. He said "We will swap it for you no problem." Then he verified my address. Seems they didn't have any of my Curve in and would have to ship it. We explained the problem of me having to have a phone. (no land line at the house, 2 kids with medical stuff) He said, "You will have it by Thursday 7pm."

It is now 11:50am on Friday. I still don't have my phone. The good thing is that it is "out to be delivered". I tweeted with @VZWsupport last night and they told me that it's a 2 day ship. Since it was after 4pm ET it didn't get shipped until Wednesday morning. Jeff had called the 1800 number and they gave him the tracking number. It will get here. Eventually.

Honestly, this is the worst that we have had with Verizon and well... I still think they are great. I am heavily reliant on my BlackBerry because I keep all my appointments in there. I have all my contacts and email and such in the phone too. Plus, with B3 and G3 having medical stuff, I NEED a phone. Right now I can text and twitter on it. The phone has given up if the call is more than 30 seconds.

Maybe this is I need to rely on God instead of a stupid phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment