Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Heavenly Peace

Have you had those moments where you are almost positive that the situation will not end well but then a complete sense of peace comes over you? That is how I wish I always felt. That complete sense of peace, knowing not an ounce of fear and knowing that the Lord God Almighty has everything in control.

There has been a few times in my life when I have felt that encompassing peace. Yet, the Lord has not given us a spirit of fear. (2 Timothy 1:7) It makes us question why it is so easy to be anxious and afraid.

When our family was in a really bad wreck. It was one of those incidents where all of a sudden everything seemed to slow down and that quick scream of "Oh God!" translated to "Oh heavenly Father, protect my family Lord please!" and the answer was instant peace.

The days and weeks after the wreck as my mind processed everything that happened and how the kids were doing. This is when I realized that our youngest has God's peace all the time. To him the worst part of the wreck was that our vehicle is no longer red because we had to get a different one. This is our same child that can not wait to go to heaven so he can see Jesus face to face. (He DOES NOT want to die, he just wants to go to heaven.) I have realized that the reason B3 does not have the fear is peace God has given him the peace and he holds on to that peace.

God wants us to have His Heavenly Peace all the time though, not just in life and death situations.

I keep reminding myself that if I can change things then change them according to God's will, if I can't worrying or being afraid is not going to do anything but waste my time and energy. What do I mean by "according to God's will"? It means stay in the Word and be prayed up so that I, or you, know what His Will is.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment