Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Non-Wordless Wednesday

  (Benji (B3), Bubbalicious (B2) & G3)

Hello! I am sad that I missed both Monday Mingle and Tackle It Tuesday this week, both mornings I woke up with a bad headache. Today we are doing better.


I have teenaged girls in my house getting excited, they enjoy the Twilight saga. G1 and G3 are going to see it and so are a couple of their friends. I am glad I get to be part of it for the bonding experience. It also opens some doors for us to talk about.

With my girls and their friends our biggest concern is that they focus on guys too much and well, in the movie series we can show how it leads to unhealthy obsession. Honestly, Bella Swan being willing to die for Edward and all isn't smart. The girls seem to listen when we are joking about it. And isn't that what parenting is? Teaching them when they don't really look at is as being taught?

The plus here to is that right after they see the movie they are going to youth group at church. My prayer is that any negative thoughts that get in there will be washed out. Plus, like I said, we will talk about it. I look forward to the bonding since I know they will see the movie anyway. Best to see it with me so that I can address what comes up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment