Sunday, June 13, 2010

If you are happy and you know it clap your hands!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - Philippians 4:6 (NIV)

My heart strings were finally relaxed today as I picked up G1 & G3. Finally I had all my ducklings under my wing.

The girls had gone to Florida with their dad for a week. I was anxious. I know I should be anxious, after all, the Lord says "do not be anxious". I was a little, even after praying.

It wasn't just that they were gone for a week though. See... G1 is a teen and the week before she went to Florida was a rough one in terms of parenting. I can blame this and that and that and this for her feelings; but when it comes down to it, I don't think it really matters.


Girls I am learning about midway through their teens, need their dads but they push them away. In our case when me and Jeff married she accepted him and looked to him. Now, she wants her dad to step up, but when he does she pushes away. It's a vicious cycle. Then when she sees that in our home we stand in solidarity, it makes her angry. All understandable emotions. I betrayed her by agree with the head of the household. Thank God, with prayer and time things are better.

I encourage those of you going through trying times with your children, remember to pray. Accept peace from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment