Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Painfully Truthful...

I am about to admit the real reason I haven't been posting so much. It's because...

...because I am not a supermom. In fact I don't believe that I am even a half decent mom. This belief comes from the result of trying to do what I know to do and failing miserably. It gets even better. As a Christ Follower, I know that I should turn to God so that he can have my back, but then my "fixer" self gets in the way.

For those that aren't sure or just don't know, our family is a blended one. You know, the his, her and ours complex. We have times that things are going great and the lines seem to be invisible. Then there are times where there are difficult walls to break through.

Right now, we are having a difficult time. The whole parenting by the seat of our pants and having a 16yo daughter that wants to do what she wants to do all while trying to keep everything else under control. There is no one person at fault in the scheme of things. All I know is that, we have to get through this and the only way is with God.

The scripture says "With GOD all things are possible" not "With myself all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). In order to survive this stage, we have no other choice but to rely on God and turn to him.

I ask for prayer. This trial is with our oldest, there are five more blessings behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment