Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fun with Summer School!

Three weeks into summer and also three weeks into a very flexible summer school. So far we are progressing okay. Possibly a little two flexible since I had a pain flair and it threw us out of wack and then had some appointments. Yet, that is the point of being flexible and we are trying to keep summer fun too. Not that the summer school isn't fun. Ha!

As mom this is really helping me see where the boys are having problems at in school and where they are strong at. I can see where they enjoy different subjects and why too. It is very eye opening seeing where my strong readers are and where my strong math guys are. Then also seeing who is more likely to give up when it gets a little hard and who is likely to dig in and get to it.

This summer is not just helping the boys with their academics, it is also helping us see who our children are. I believe it is a blessing and I am already of the opinion that every parent should give a home school summer at least once, if not every summer. After all, it helps the kids maintain during the summer to keep them stimulated and it doesn't really take a whole lot.

My prayer for the boys is that by doing this they will be more than ready for school this fall. Plus I am praying we can get past some of the problem areas. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment