Sunday, October 23, 2011

French Toast Casserole

bb 228My kiddos could not wait for breakfast this morning! Not that I blame them. I must thank my friend Jen for posting the recipe on Facebook a week or two ago.

It really is delicious, and we made it dairy free so B3 was able to enjoy it too.

There are customizations that you can do to the recipe too that makes it even better.

Recipe

1 loaf French bread(10 oz.) cut up into 1” cubes
8 eggs
3 cups milk (we used Almond Milk)
4 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. Salt (optional)

Topping:

2 TBSP Butter cubed
3 TBSP Sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Maple Syrup (optional… I used powdered sugar)

1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2 pan.
2. In mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt (if desired).
3. Pour over the bread cubes making sure to cover all the bread.
4. Cover and Refrigerate for 8 hours. (This is REQUIRED)
5. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
6. Dot with butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over the top.
7. Cover and bake at 350’ for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8.Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Can be served with maple syrup or powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. That looks incredible. Thanks for posting this. My friend does a yearly brunch get together... I think I'll bring this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy! It is really good. The kids loved it and even the hubby. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete