Monday, July 25, 2011

How Ya Doing?

How ya doing? Simple question right? Simple question without a simple answer.

Since the wreck on Father's Day I have had many people ask me how I am. To be honest? I don't know.

Physically. I think I'm doing pretty good. The hematoma on my leg has gone down some. Still can't wear my tennis shoes though. I am still achy in my back and hips but I think on most days it is getting better. I only have unexplained migraines on the days I don't get at least six hours of sleep. (So I guess they are explained huh?)

Emotionally? I have a lot of anxiety if I am in a vehicle smaller than an Expedition. I have flashbacks and nightmares of the wreck. I blame myself for the injuries that my husband is having to work through. I am grumpy, I blame the fact of me not writing because I lost my glasses in the wreck and I don't read to relax for the same reason.

Spiritually my soul sings. God saved us from being injured worse. God has provided us with a replacement vehicle. The four kids that were in the wreck with us are fine aside from one or two concerned about being in another wreck.

My concerns come in when people think my husband is fine. He's not. He has uncontrollable tremors when he gets stressed, fatigued, or hot. He is on medication to help with it so he could go back to work but he has a long road. I wish people could understand the extent of the damage brain trauma can cause and it takes a lot of time to heal. We believe that God is healing him, it's just taking time.

So, how ya doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment